The cost of orthodontic treatment varies based on individual needs and specific treatment plans. Our staff and doctors will outline the cost of your treatment and available payment plan options so you can make the best choice for you and your smile. We work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, letting you know what to expect before beginning treatment.
If you have insurance that will be covering any portion of your orthodontic treatment, our office staff is able to help with insurance claims and paperwork.
Estimated cost and treatment length may be discussed at the initial evaluation. Full diagnostic records, however, are needed to establish a specific treatment fee and more accurate treatment length.
Our costs do not include extractions, general dental care, or fees by other dental specialists. Initial evaluations and subsequent appointments while in our pre-orthodontic guidance program are complimentary. Payment for services rendered is due at the time of service (such as records or receiving a new retainer).
Treatment fees are divided into 2 sections:
Records/Consult: This fee covers two appointments including the following:
- Intra-oral scan of the teeth, facial and oral photographs, panorex x-ray, cephalometric x-ray (45-60 minute appointment).
- Diagnosis and treatment planning by our team of orthodontists.
- Presentation of information and the doctors' recommendations by the treatment coordinator and the doctor (60 minute appointment).
The treatment fee covers active orthodontic care, regular adjustments and appointments, and insertion and adjustment of retainers. This does not include retainer replacements or excessive appointments due to broken appliances.
We offer several payment options for comprehensive treatment:
- A bookkeeping credit of 5% is given for payment in full by cash, check, Visa, or MasterCard at the start of treatment.
- This discount applies to fees over $1500.
2. Office Plan:
- Consists of an initial payment, followed by monthly payments throughout treatment.
- There is no interest charge.
- Following the initial payment, the first monthly payment is due on the first day of the month following the start of active treatment.
- Regardless of the patient having an appointment during a given month, payments are due as scheduled.
- Statements are sent only for delinquent accounts, and late fees of $15 are charged monthly on accounts overdue by 60 days.
- Prepayments can be made at any time without penalty.
- Coupon books are provided to assist with payments.
- Automatic credit card charges can be setup for monthly payments.
- Should active treatment be completed prior to account being fully paid, payment of remaining account balance is still required.
Your insurance involves a legal contract between you and your insurance company, which does not involve the orthodontist. All arrangements concerning your benefits should be between you and your insurance company.
We do accept all insurances in our South Burlington, Essex Junction, Middlebury and Newport offices.
FSA (Flexible Spending Account):
Flexible Spending Account is a tax-free account that allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care.
These plans are managed by your employer or plan manager. Check into the specific guidelines regarding accessing your funds for orthodontic treatment, and to determine our plan. Our billing department will provide you with a receipt that shows documentation of these expenses.
Questions to Ask Your Plan Manager:
- When is the deadline to set up my flex account and use the money?
- How much can be put away to use per calendar year and when can I access it?
- What documentation is needed to collect my flex money?
- How does my flex account correspond to my orthodontic benefit?
You may be required to verify to your insurance company that treatment was initiated, is continuing, or has been completed. Please give these forms to the receptionist for verification and signing.
Responsiblity of Payments:
You are responsible for all services rendered by AIO. Your insurance company is responsible to you. It is important to keep your account with our office up-to-date, regardless of the payment schedule of your insurance company. The financially responsible person who signs the orthodontic contract is responsible for all payments made directly to Associates in Orthodontics.
Marianne and Denise can assist you with financial or insurance questions. Call our billing number at 802-859-9441 or the toll-free number 800-750-1000.